Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rebalancing

When I started this blog in September 2008, I had high hopes that I would overcome my lifelong lack of desire to keep a diary. I've enjoyed so many people's blogs and learned so much from them that I figured I'd give it a whirl. Obviously, that didn't work out so well.

I couldn't figure out how to post more than one picture in an entry. Everyone had all these cool sidebars but it wasn't apparent how they were created. I'm thinking the "edit html" option has something to do with all of the upgrades, but ran out of time (or didn't make time) to figure it out. Then, the battery in my digital camera died and I still can't recall where the battery charger is hiding in my condo.

Excuses, excuses.

So, the decision was to delete the blog entirely, delete my 12 poor little posts and pretend to start a blog for the very first time, or resume where I had left off in 2008. I didn't want to lose my blog name . . . although how many people in Chicago would be lined up for it? . . . and it's never good to erase history . . . so I'm going with option #3.

I'm picking up now because 2009 is destined to become a year of rebalancing and reprioritizing. Things are grim at work, with layoffs occuring and compromises being made on roles (including mine), so work can not take up as much of my time as it has for the past few years. Although I've always been known for being a "lifestyle person", even I can see that lines were becoming fuzzier and fuzzier. There truly is no need to check my blackberry at 10 pm . . . anyone emailing me at that time had better not be thinking that there would be a response that night.

I'm going to allow this blog to have a life of it's own and not be strict about it being solely devoted to crafts or any such parameters. Some posts will have pics (when the battery charger emerges or if I break down and buy another one) and some will be ramblings. Maybe there will be some starts of short stories, maybe not. Maybe I'll figure out this html thing, maybe not. Maybe I'll tell people I know that this blog exists, maybe not. Everything is up for consideration.

I hope that this will be a useful way for me to work through a difficult year and rebalance my life in a way that is more rewarding.

Here's to new starts!

No comments: