Friday, September 19, 2008

Snowflake Dishcloth

I've found that knitting dishcloths is a great way to pass time during my evening commute when I need a break from reading/thinking. It's a quick project that can easily fit into my bag and there are many interesting free patterns available on the internet. Above is a snowflake dishcloth done in lavendar cotton yarn.

One of the best stories from my public knitting escapades came out of a recent evening ride on the el. I had mostly memorized the pattern, but occasionally needed to refer to it to be sure I wasn't making any errors. After I had pulled out the pattern a couple times, a fellow traveler leaned over and asked me if I was teaching myself how to knit at that time. I replied that I already knew how to knit and was just referring to the pattern to confirm next steps. He then said that he could relax now . . . he was worried that I was trying to figure out the project as we were riding the train and that apparently stressed him out.

No comments: