Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Basil Tea Towel - first in series of seven


Over the past three weeks, I've been working on a set of herb tea towels. This is the first in the series. For all of the towels, I used the same color palette of medium brown for the pots and writing, a mustardy yellow for pot embellishments, light/medium/dark greens for the herbal leaves, and appropriate colors for any flowering herbs. I used an Aunt Martha set of transfers that was very helpful because it described the coloring for each herb.
There were more than 7 herbs in the transfer set, so I selected my favorite herbs from the bunch. Basil is something I use quite often in cooking and in salads.
All of this stitching made me wish for an herb garden. I currently live in a 3rd floor walkup without a balcony, so no herb garden for me right now.

No comments: